- We work closely with several Western infertility specialists to enhance the effectiveness of ART procedures by incorporating acupuncture both before and after your procedure.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 05-01-2010
I still can't believe it's already May, but I have to say, I'm ready for a little sunshine!
In my life I spend a lot of time focusing on fertility issues, trying hard to help men and women achieve their goal of having a child by helping them to conceive. I think sometimes it's good to remember that not all families begin this way and that for some of us there are alternatives.
May is Foster Parent Appreciation Month, and in an effort to help all of us become more aware and perhaps open our hearts to something we aren't yet truly familiar with, I want to share a letter with you that I received from a client and friend.
Dear Friends and Family-
As you know we have been a part of the Angels Foster Family Network as Foster Parents for some time now. Angels has been a very rewarding experience for us and we want you to know more about them. Angels is the only foster family agency in San Diego specializing in infant care and inclusive of all races and ethnicities. Angels is a licensed, private, non-profit foster family agency, run solely on private donations. What makes Angels unique is they have created a solution to prevent RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) an incurable disorder, by rescuing foster babies in the earliest months of life and placing them in loving, nurturing homes (like ours) where they can heal and learn to trust again.
Facts about Child Abuse in San Diego:
• Nearly 5 children die every day as a result of child abuse, of which more than 75% are under the age of 3.
• There are currently over 7,000 foster children in San Diego County, with more than 1/3 of them under the age of 3.
• Since 2000, more than 30 children have died in foster care in San Diego county.
• If a baby does not have one consistent caregiver with whom he/she can bond with in the first 24 months of life, that baby may be doomed with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) meaning the chances of that baby being able to develop the ability to bond with others in its lifetime is highly unlikely.
• 80% of prisoners nationwide have spent time in foster care.
• The annual cost resulting from child abuse and neglect in the US is $104 billion.
In recognition of May as Foster Parent Appreciation Month, we are accepting the challenge to help raise money for Angels. If each Angels family is able to raise $500 from all our friends, family and associates, Angels could place another 8 new babies in 2010, perhaps one that we'll be lucky enough to care for! Would you consider helping us help more babies in need by making a donation of any amount today. You can do this by simply clicking the "donate now" link on our website, http://www.angelsfoster.org or by mailing a check today to Angels at, 6160 Fairmount Ave., Ste H, San Diego, Ca. 92120.
It truly "takes a village" to raise babies who fall victim to the foster care system, so please help us help these babies who can't help themselves. Please pass this on to all your friends as well - we'd like to be the family who raises the most money for Angels, so please help us in our efforts!
Thank you so much!
Click this link to donate now: Angels Foster Family Network
Click this link to Visit the website: http://www.angelsfoster.org
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.
I love this place! Jeneanne is seriously amazing and so is the staff. Would recommend to anyone!
Ashley T. / San Diego, CA